Sunday, January 23, 2011

US as an empire

I think that this article comparing the US as a roman empire is a interesting take, that I kind of agree with. The Roman empire ruled with fear and dominance and that is exactly what we do, we invade the middle east to find "WMDs" that we cannot find. I think this take is a new way to look at our own country. I found the part of the article on exorcism very interesting, and I wonder if these activities would be the same if they were in today's medical society? I also didn't really like that the holocaust was compared to the roman raids. It was one in a completely different time frame and the holocaust was religion a genocide, the attacks that the romans made were not specific for the most part, they just wanted to make their people fear them. Its something to ponder and something.

No comments:

Post a Comment