Thursday, January 27, 2011

Nothing

If Jesus's message was for every religion I don't think that much would change. When it comes to Christianity, Islam, and Judaism nothing would really change because all of these three religions are extremely similar. Judaism and Christianity share the old testament, and Islam recognizes Jesus as a prophet. For Buddhism and Hinduism, they would probably consider the message, but their own personal way of like is somewhat Christian itself.
The one thing that I do think that would be effected would be our own attitudes for each other. Christians would stop trying to force Jesus down other religions throats because Jesus spoke to all. And other religions maybe would keep rejecting his thoughts and ideas, or maybe they would be like the other western religions and accept his advice.

1 comment:

  1. I agree wholeheartedly with this post. I think if all people (Muslim, Confucianist, atheist, whoever) thought less about what divides us and more about what makes us similar, the world would be a more peaceful place. Does God really care if I'm in church on Sunday or synagogue on Saturday? I think he would be much more concerned with why, when I saw that homeless person outside the church, I kept walking and spared him not even a thought.

    ReplyDelete