Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Intro to Jasmine Williams
I am a senior Philosophy/Classics major with a Religion Minor. I was raised Baptist until I was ~10 years old, when I became bored with church and stopped going. Religion was of no interest to me until my freshman social studies class in high school. There was a unit on religion and I was instantly fascinated because until that point, I didn't really know anything beside Christianity existed. Since then, I have attempted to learn as much about religion as possible. The different ways in which the same basic message of love and brotherhood is interpreted by members of different religions (or even by opposing members of the same religion) are very interesting to me. At this point, I feel like I know very little scholarly information about Jesus Christ. I hope to better understand the man as well as the deity, and to learn more about what all those Christians are after. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment